The Chris Leeming Memorial Autotests incorporating the September YMC Clubday Autotests
Sunday the 19th at Acaster
The venue is Acaster airfield, near York. Not the exact same site that we have used for the last few years. We do hope to still use “the heaps” test. The event is a co-promotion between York Motor Club & Huddersfield Motor Club
· The venue is Acaster airfield, near York, nearest post code – YO23 7BW Map Ref – SE 573 421
· The pandemic meant we had to do things quite differently at last year’s event but to be fair some of the changes worked well and we will continue with them where Motorsport UK permit us or advise us to do so.
· No entries on the day – no exceptions again this year entries close 17th September 2021.
· Contactless entries, signing on, scrutineering self-declaration, but at least 10% of the entry will be scrutineered as per MUK latest guidance.
· No food will be available for competitors – please bring your own.
· Toilet facilities will be available
· First car starts at 10am we hope to finish by 4pm
· We are aiming to run 24 tests. Four tests run 3 times in the morning. A lunch break, then four more tests run three times.
· The tests should be smooth enough and open enough to make them do-able in a standard road car. The use of the handbrake should not be essential to get round the tests.
The September YMC “super”club day will be over the 12 morning tests of the main event. Class 5 is available as usual for young drivers or those who want to take a passenger for YMC clubday event.
If you had York Motor Club Membership in 2020 then the good news is that your membership will be extended to 2021. Your Committee decided to extend membership for the full year. If events restart and you need a Club Card please contact our Membership Secretary Kath McNeil
The 2020 North Yorkshire Classic Rally which was to take place on Saturday the 21st and Sunday the 22nd March was postponed due to the Corona Virus – THE 2021 Event will now take place on the 3rd of July.