2023 NORTH YORKSHIRE CLASSIC RALLY
The 2023 event will see a change at the helm with the introduction to the organising team of a highly experienced navigator to take over the role of Clerk of the Course. Ian Canavan has some great new ideas to freshen up the offering yet retain the character of the rally for it’s 13th running.
Again running as a 1 day event on Sunday April 2nd 2023 it retains a base at The Hawkhills near Easingwold.
Once again, our aim is to provide a great value, fun day of classic motorsport, and for 2023 we will be exploring the quieter lanes of the Howardian Hills and Vale of Pickering.
In addition to the Interclub status event, we will be running a Clubman status event which uses an almost identical route to the Interclub event, but these crews will be issued with a route book and map book, no plotting needed.
Navigators please note – no maps will be needed for either event, all maps will be supplied by the organisers
- Rally HQ will again be at The Hawkhills, Easingwold, YO61 3EG, just 13 miles north of York. The venue is ideally located, and provides free trailer parking, ample car parking, and some accommodation. Rooms can be booked direct with Hawkhills by phone: 01347 825038 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Twin/double rooms are £90 with breakfast, single rooms £80
- Saturday afternoon formalities including noise test, scrutineering and documentation, are all located at Hawkhills, as is the Sunday start and superb post-event carvery dinner and pudding. Hawkhills will also provide a take away picnic box for those who want to head off straight after the finish
- Easingwold Market Place will host our ceremonial finish, just five minutes from Hawkhills. In charge of the results will be Tony Michael of MTC1, and we will use Liege clocks for timing, so hope to be able to offer live updates online during the day and prompt publishing of the final results. There will be no formal prize giving, so everyone has the opportunity to leave as soon as they have been fed
- We have four different test venues which will provide us with twelve unique tests. Two locations may be familiar, one is new to us, and another has been used in the past, but our ambitious test designers have unlocked some great new areas here to hone your skills. Our aim is to design straightforward, smooth (well, mostly!) forward only, flowing tests – for fun!
- Five regularities are planned, totalling almost 100 miles, with less than 40 transit miles. Each regularity will be different in nature, and a few of them will have a twist. For the navigation we hope to try something different, not difficult, with the intention of giving crews with all abilities an equal opportunity of completing the rally using the same roads as everyone else!
- Start at Hawkhills, Easingwold YO61 3EG, ceremonial finish at Easingwold Market Place
- Entry fee unchanged at £165 including two coffee halts, lunch and carvery dinner
- Provisional timings: 8:45 am start, 5:00 pm finish
- Results by MTC1 using Liege Clocks with Chip Time Cards
- Five regularities, 12 flowing tests over 4 venues, no car park tests!
- Total miles 130 with 85 miles of regularities, maximum entry 75
- Regulations published in December, entries open Monday 2nd January
- Some different, but not difficult styles of navigation
- No maps required – all maps supplied
- This web page will be the primary source for information and updates
Need some help? These online seminars could help you on your way.